Yesterday, the kids and I went to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point. We had fun. The kids liked the fish in the pond. They told me I was the nicest mom because I let them get 2 ten cent candies. I felt pretty good about myself.
Then later in the evening, Dianna Neff, our neighbor came to the door. The kids were playing in their room and Luke was crying in bed. I was hoping he would go to sleep so I left him. Well I guess while I was out by the front porch, the girls started looking for me and got really scared. They got Luke out of his crib and carried him into the family room. They were saying prayers that they could find me and that Luke would stop crying. Aly was about to make Luke a bottle when I came in. All 3 of the kids were sobbing. They thought I had left them home alone. I think I was out there for about 20 minutes. I didn't feel so good about myself anymore. Aly couldn't stop crying for about an hour. I really felt horrible. At least I got to see what good sisters they are, how much faith they have to pray, and how safe they are to not go outside alone.




No comments:
Post a Comment