Sunday, June 22, 2008

Town Days



Friday I took the kids to the Bluffdale Town Days parade. The kids were so excited to be there. We got there a few minutes early and just waited on the side of the road while the kids all played. Then the strangest thing happened. No floats had come past. We weren't even aware that the parade had started and all of a sudden some dudes start firing guns and a man drops to the ground. A looked at me like what the heck is going on? I had to tell her that they were just acting. I know I barged in on their parade. I don't belong in Bluffdale, but c'mon. I don't know if shooting people dead in front of a bunch of kids is the coolest thing to do.
The kids collected about 2 lbs. of taffy and had a lot of fun. Then we all went to the park for the rest of the Bluffdale fun. I'll have to be honest. It was truly disappointing. No Navajo Tacos and only about 12 booths total. The kids did love the little train ride though. The sand pile in the parking lot was the biggest hit. We stayed for the movie in the park and froze our keesters off. Thanks for the fun Bluffdale.

2 comments:

Get Hooked said...

Holy moly... Are you serious about the shooting? Did they just continue with the parade and the fun? Was there a delay? How did you stay there? Is this for real? See what happens when I leave town for a few days.

Brynn said...

I guess I should clarify. The shooting wasn't real. It was just a really dumb part of the parade. I still don't get why they did it or who they even were.