Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Back to school

















Back to school! A is now in the first grade. She came home yesterday from her 1st day and she was sooo grouchy. I think it was just too long. She also told M that she hated recess cause "it was too freakin' hot!". She also had to go to the bathroom really bad when she got home because she won't go at school. I think there is a chance that she will pee her pants before she realizes that she should go at school. She does seem to like school lunch and her teacher. She is also really happy to have her friend Taylor in her class. I let her walk home today with Jade, her neighbor friend. It took them about 20 minutes to get home, but they made it. I can't believe how old the kids are getting. Time really does go by too fast. Aly is a good kid. I am really proud of her. She tries to be nice to everyone at school.

Marlie has been a little lonely. She asks where Aly is and when she will be home. She has been really good though. It is nice to have Marlie time with Luke asleep and Aly gone. She really seems to like it. She has been having the funniest dreams lately. A few nights ago, she had a dream that we were camping and a lady in a white dress with white hair cut her dolls hands off. She was really scared. Then last night she came in crying again. This time, she had a dream that Curious George was roasting marshmallows and his arms caught on fire. She said that his (Curious George's) heart was beating really fast and he made the monkey sound that he makes. She was really scared again and I tried really hard not to laugh. She is so funny.

Luke is just being cute as always. He's starting to scoot around. Soon he will start crawling. Ahhhh! I guess I better start baby proofing!

3 comments:

lindsey v said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe she's in 1st grade! Give it a few weeks and hopefully she'll get used to the longer days. And hopefully it will start to cool off a little too.

Missy said...

Brinley will be starting Kindergarten soon! I can't believe it!! Time flies...sometimes!

Missy said...

Hey!
So I guess I'm responding to your questions that you posted on my blog.
We close next Saturday!! We're looking at houses tomorrow so I don't even get a Saturday to pack! I'm really gettin' stressed! But I'll be living with Shawn's parents for a month or two until we find a house. So I'll call ya and we can hang out!