When I was little, I was terrified that Spiderman or Batman was going to come out of the heat vent at night and get me. I was also afraid that arms from under the bed would grab me when I got out of bed. I would jump off of the bed as far as I could so that my feet didn't come down on the floor right next to the bed. Then the arms wouldn't be able to reach my ankles. Last night, Marlie came into the family room shortly after I put her to bed. "Mom, I had a bad imagination". That means she's thinking about something scary. I know cause I had those same bad imaginations about Batmand and Spiderman. "What's the bad imagination about?" Her reply was, "Elvis is going to come out and get me." "Where is he going to come from?" I thought she might say the heat vent. That's where all the scary people hide. Not Elvis though. He's under her bed. I assured her that Elvis is dead and that if by chance he did decide to come out from under her bed, we would take pictures and make lots of money. And she went back to bed.
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Your kids are so funny...I wonder where they get it from?? ;)
Elvis?!?
Post a Comment