Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Happy Cinco de Mayo/Anniversary

Holy Cow! We made it 8 years. Mark and I were married 8 years ago on Cinco de Mayo. It has been the best 8 years. Marks mom took the kids overnight, giving me a much appreciated break. I didn't yell at anyone for 15 hours. It was nice. The kids had a great time too. They found a dead bird. Sick! Then Marks mom let them have a bird funeral. I just hope they didn't touch anything. She posted a little sign in the flower bed that said "5-6-08 A funeral for a bird". They even sang some songs. While they were having a bird funeral, we went to Harvest, at Thanksgiving Point for dinner. I didn't know it was even there. It is hidden behind the cafe. I had halibut and Mark had steak. It was really good. It was quiet and had a nice atmosphere. Then we went to see Baby Mama. It was funny. Mark said it was brutal. He didn't think it would be such a chick flick. I think he enjoyed it a little though. I even got to sleep in. Then, I went and ruined Marks day. I cut off 12" of my hair. It's still to my shoulders though. I can even put it in a pony tail. It seems pretty curly now though. It's a little puffy. I will have to figure out how to tame it I think. I don't want to be a mom with short puffy hair. I haven't had a chance to do it yet. I've been running around all day. I can't post pictures until I learn how to do it. That may take awhile.

2 comments:

lindsey v said...

Congratulations on 8 years! And yeah (yay? I never know how to spell that) for cutting your hair. I think it just happens in the spring time. I really want to cut my hair off too.

Aaron & Amy Norton said...

you are hilarious-short poofy hair, i can totally just imagine you looking in the mirror and grimacing at your short locks-you crack me up, even with just your text on your blog!