Tuesday, May 27, 2008

We're home!


Well, we are back from our vacation now. It was a lot of fun. The kids were good. Luke was sooo good, as long as we took a bottle everywhere we went. The girls had fun at the kids club on the ship. We got a lot of help from Mark's mom and brother John. On the first stop on the cruise, Mark and I were able to go on a helmet dive in Cabo San Lucas. You put that helmet thing on and you can breath under water. It isn't enclosed. It is pressurized to keep the water out. I'm a little freaked out about breathing under water and had a small panic attack on the way down. I know, I'm a dork. They brought me back up and I worked things out and went back down. It was pretty fun. That's not really me or Mark, but we looked that cool in our helmets. It was really hot in Cabo, so we wandered for a short time and then I got back on the ship with the kids while Mark stayed and wandered with John.

Our next stop was in Ensenada. We went to La Bufadora, a blowhole. We went with the kids, Marks mom and John. Then did a little bartering at the Mexican market. I think the kids had a lot of fun there. When we weren't at the ports, we just ate a lot! The kids really loved the room service. Aly asked for it everyday. I also gave in and let them do something that I am really against. I let them do the build a bear workshop on the ship. I don't really like stuffed animals and I think that build a bear is a huge rip off. Why would someone pay $30 for a stuffed animal! Well we did and the kids loved it and I will never do it again!
After the cruise, we spent a few days in San Diego. We went to Lego Land, which I would recommend to anyone with small kids. They loved it. We also went to Sea World, which I love. It was a good time. I am happy to be home.

3 comments:

Missy said...

WOW!! What a fun trip! I've never even heard of a tank dive or whatever it's called. Sounds cool! Glad everyone enjoyed it! I've heard Legoland is so fun and you just don't hear much about it...someday we'll make it there!

lindsey v said...

Yay, I'm so glad you had fun on your trip!! That's fun that they had a Build-a-Bear on the ship. I think you have to splurge on things like that when you're on a cruise.

Kim Carson said...

Ah ha - I found you! Yeah!!

It looks like you guys had fun! It's always nice to get away and always nice to come home..
Your kids are so cute...