My kids have been pretty wild for the last few days. They have been playing a lot, but they are playing loud and crazy. Plus, thanks to Marlie, they keep saying poo or poopy about everything. I used to be so annoyed by kids that talk gross all the time. I still am, but now it's my kids that I am annoyed with. Last night while we were in the car, Marlie asked Aly how to say poo in Spanish. Aly's reply was "turd". Then they began singing. Remember the smurfs? Well they would just insert the word "smurf" in conversations and it could mean anything. That's what the kids were doing, but they were using "turd" to replace the words in a Nirvana song that they learned on Rock Band. Luckily I was in the front seat and they couldn't tell that I was laughing at them. I let it go on for a minute until I told them to stop being gross. I also threatened with soap in the mouth. I think Marlie is getting used to the soap in the mouth. It doesn't seem to bother her too much anymore. Help! How do I stop this?
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's too funny! It's so hard not to laugh at them sometimes. When Jade was littler, I use to punish her in ways like... I would tell her if she didn't stop it (whatever it was) that I would take her books away from her or her crayons something that she really liked. For Jade that always worked (still does). I figured it was serving 2 purposes for me. One, she would stop, and two, she took reading as a privilege. It made her want to read more. It's that reverse psychology thing :-)
Now I don't know if that will work on Harley or not! We'll see soon...
I have no idea. My kids say that all the time too. I always just say, you guys better not EVER say this when you are at school, church, friends houses, etc. Same with farts. Ben is seriously the fartiest little boy ever. He can do it at any time if you say the word. Big grown-up ones. I just plead with them both, PLEASE don't do this anywhere except at home. I'm sure they don't listen though.
Post a Comment